10-04-2021, 01:04 PM   #8
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
I just went with Hawk ceramic pads on all 4 corners on my car. It's still in the shop so no feedback yet on how they perform. However, my buddy has them on his AMG's that I have a decent amount of seat time in and I loved them. No sacrifice in bite & of course a lot less dust.

I ran the powerstop z23's on my previous m6gc for over two years and they performed great - also a lot cheaper than the Hawks. My only gripe with them is how they change the rotor color into a light brown shade. I lived with it, but decided to switch it up this go round. And this is a common thing; happened on my cayenne GTS with the same pads + powerstop rotors. Few searches online and seen I wasn't the only one. Again, not really a deal breaker but rather something to consider.
I actually wasn't aware that the slight brown rotor tint was coming from the pads -- I just thought it was the rotor getting to end-of-life as mine are almost due. Could you link to the Hawk pads? Have done a few searches and can't seem to find a kit for our cars