View Single Post
      01-27-2021, 11:18 PM   #16
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWilly1100 View Post
It is indeed the car in Montreal, and it is a beautiful car. It has all the options and the colours that we like. Having said that, we just lost the N55 in our 335i due to the spun bearings, BMW won't do anything. Sold a 20K car for 7K so we could move on. I'm nervous buying another BMW without a warranty. I asked if they could put a 3rd party warranty on that car, but they said they couldn't. They also say they can't get the service records. It looks to be a great car, in great condition, but I think I'll hold out for something newer. Of course, that will cost more. The big option we want is the adaptive cruise, which is really hard to get in any BMW, not sure why they bring in cars without it. A 25K Kia has it and has for a long time, but a 100K BMW doesn't.
I personally think you are worrying way too much. I've been following these cars for three years, and my engine grenading is not even on my radar screen of thoughts. The chances are just way too small. Pocket the money you would spend for(a) and newer car and (b) a warranty, and spend it on any repairs that come up or on a vacation. I've had no warranty since my CPO expired in June 2019. I never buy extended warranties on anything - not even road hazard protection on tires - and have never regretted it. If my engine blows up tomorrow I'd still be financially ahead.
Appreciate 0