03-25-2021, 02:25 AM   #315
evil-G-nius
Broke A$$ Super Hero
United_States
Rep
Drives: Infiniti G37 S Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
I've been to a few houses that guy designed. Lovely to look at, practical not so much. One (Kentuck Knob) had a hallway so narrow I had to go through sideways. (Fortunately I'm still a bit narrower that way.) He needs to take his own advice.
I love his work...definitely one of my favorite architects. I am not surprised that some of the functionality is not there, some famed architects do shit as a signature vs a useable expression of their work. Plus WRight just didn't GAF. LOL True story:

"n 1939 in Racine, Wisconsin, Herbert "Hib" Johnson threw a housewarming party at Wingspread, his new 14,000-square-foot residence designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. As dinner was being served in the great hall — a quintessential Wnght creation with sweeping curves and a soaring skylight-ringed ceiling suspended from the central chimney like a circus tent — a thunderstorm erupted, and water began dripping steadily into the room. Johnson, CEO of the S.C. Johnson Wax Company, phoned Wnght in a rage. "I'm sitting here with some friends and distinguished guests," he fumed, "and the roof is leaking right on top of my head!"

"Well Hib " Wright replied, "why don't you move your chair?"

#proof
Appreciate 3
Buug95917426.00
wdb4732.00