View Single Post
      02-27-2020, 07:06 PM   #9
EnVe46
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
I came from a 7 year ownership of a E90 M3.

What to look for: Leaks. This car leaks due to turbo oil lines and intercooler coolant lines. Also, the standard BMW things... recent maintenance, etc.

Regrets- None from buying the car. Though I regret selling the E90 M3. I recommend you don't sell the M3 and try to keep both cars. It's just a different experience from the E generation M3. The M6 is blindingly fast, and while it looks big, it drives like a coupe. Also the F06 is pretty much the F10 M5 in a 6 series shell. The wheelbase is exactly the same as the F10 M5 and the car is only about 3 inches longer on the body due to the longer front bumper. All the drivetrain stuff is literally the same as the M5 and just the exhaust piping may be shifted a few inches one way or another. That's it, don't let people tell you it's somehow related to a 7 series.

That said, despite the drivetrain similarities, all the cosmetic trims are completely different than the F10.
All of this.

Ever since I sold my 11 E90 M3 Comp, something has been missing. I know people praise the E46, and it's glorious, but I loved my E90 just as much as my E46. I bought a new Rubicon, loved it but wasn't for me for what I needed in my life now. Traded for an Rs7, loved it as well, brutally fast, launched consistently and ridiculously fast but got boring. It did everything so well. This M6, is as close to the E90 but with bigger balls. Much bigger balls. It breaks loose in a similar manor, seating position is similar but better, just love it in every way. Only thing I wish is I still had the E90. If you can swing it, do it.

14 M6 GC Comp with 46k is what I bought as well
Attached Images

Flying Ace4984.50