View Single Post
      02-26-2020, 03:00 PM   #1
SeattleJerez
Private
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E92 M3

Looking at buying '16 Comp Edition M6

I've driven an E92 M3 for 6 years, it's time for an upgrade. I went all over the place (and country) in my M3, supercharging it, wrapping it, wheel upgrades, new sound system, etc. I've pushed it to its limit and it's time for something new.

I drove a frozen 17' M6 a couple months ago that was tuned to 700+ HP (ECU tune only) and it seemed raw and brutal, but also had all of the BMW feel (and good nannies) that feel like home. I don't like the M8 and will never miss it.

I came upon a decent deal for a white M6 comp - it has all the obnoxious ///M exterior decals on it which I'll plan to remove immediately. The ownership history is pretty interesting - I have access to all dealer resources. BMW used the car for 45k miles - I can only assume for either track events or a company car. Why they would have it for a company car, I can't tell you. But I also know it hasn't been tracked 45k miles. It may have been a BMW employee car. All dealer serviced. 1 owner.

Comp edition (as I understand it) had 1 sticker price and all options. I'm hoping the comp will hold some value for 2-3 years when I'll sell it. The car in question has one of the highest autocheck scores (well kept/clean car/history/maintenance) I've ever seen.

I'm going to look at it today, as well as another white M6 with about the same miles and nearly the same options, except for the carbon ceramic brakes.

What should I look out for, at a high level? Squeaks/rattles? Blown speakers? What can I poke a stick at or observe?

Should I definitely plan on a warranty if I own the car? (It is not at a BMW dealership and is not CPO)

Lastly, anything you found out after buying the M6 that gave you any fleeting sense of regret? (That wasn't immediately noticeable in a test drive)
Appreciate 0