View Single Post
      02-25-2020, 07:46 AM   #5
jvoda
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 GC Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
I think buying an used car in Germany is different than the US. Most on the forum here are in the US. A lot of what you mentioned doesn't happen in the US, dealers are not so accommodating.

In the US, most people will just check whether car has accident history and if their lucky find the records of any evidence of recent maintenance.

Some of what you listed does happen in the US if the car is a certified pre-owned status sold by a BMW dealership. BMW CPOs require dealers to at least put on new tires, check the battery, fix codes and perform maintenance.
Well,... not saying that I could get all my requests from the dealership, actually I just expect they will give me the bmw premium selection guarantee (mandatory), delivering the car in theoretical perfect status of every single function, and maybe front wheels replacement, and nothing else..

I guess BMW CPO is similar to what I know as BMW Premium Selection... then the agreements should be similar if not the same.

Actually, I would need to find out what BMW premium selection includes, such as replacement of break pads, tyres, service check, etc... cause I am not completely sure about that.

thanks a lot for your comments!
Appreciate 0