View Single Post
      07-20-2018, 12:35 PM   #1787
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
M3 Adjuster: Do you have a deposit yet for the M2 CS or CSL?
I don't think he needs a deposit. He's not going to get what he wants with the M2 CSL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
If the Cayman GTS is $80k you will never ever ever see a GT4 at $90-95k. Minimum of $105k

As much as you'd like to think BMW care about Cayman pricing they do NOT. The M2 doesn't even have the same target audience...that's why you saw a very expensive M4 GTS get released that was nowhere near as good as a 911 GT3 but priced not that much less than...

My calculations were merely to show you how expensive "CSL" models have traditionally been.
The upcoming GT4 will be in the 90K - 100K range, probably about 95K.

The 4.0L in the next GT4 will be the old 3.8 increased to 4.0 and not the GT3 engine as a lot of people believe. It won't have a 9K redline either.

Porsche does not increase prices drastically so we should not see a huge bump.

Now, apparently there is a 9K redline 718 as well but Porsche wants to make us think it's just a figment of our imagination. That could be an RS and priced well into 6 figures. Whoopsy on rennlist would know more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post

thanks... but I'm not new to the game..

and I will say it again... find a BMW and a Porsche that " compete" with each other... and I am confident that MSRP for MSRP... the BMW will be cheaper.

indeed... to make matter worse on the Porsche side. the Porsche will be NOWHERE near MSRP as equipped on the lot.. but that's not the concern here.

When I bought my 1M. it was priced at 46-53K and was compared to the $76K base price Cayman R in nearly every car mag/rag on the planet.

The M2 at 52.5 is less than a stock Cayman.

An M2 Comp is way less than a $69K Cayman S.. let alone a Cayman GTS.

And an M2 CSL.. will be way less than whatever Porsche model people will compare it to .... likely the Cayman GT4.

The BMW M4 is compared to the 911 (rightly or wrongly) and again.. always cheaper.
The M4 GTS at $134,500 is about as close as I can think of in a comparison matchup as it is only about 9-10K shy of a $143,600 911 GT3
The M2 CSL should be around the high 80K or 90K range. Not sure why we have to wait till 2021 for it though when BMW probably has a good proof of concept vehicle already.
Appreciate 0