01-28-2024, 12:52 PM   #51
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr hubster View Post
Hi,guys and girls .First Post..2012 640d f13 I'm getting battery warnings on clary plug in saying battery moderate!! 14.6 while running. Quick question if I replace the battery ( original) one so its done really well ..Do I just change it or is the some procedure..many thanks
BMW battery replacement can require two things…depending on what you do. There is battery “CODING” and there is battery “REGISTRATION”.

If you replace the battery with like kind/type/AH ratings…then all you need to do is REGISTER the battery replacement. This will give the IBS (intelligent battery sensor) and the charging management system a new baseline in how to recharge the battery.

If you change the battery type/kind/AH ratings…then you will need to CODE the battery for the new changes…then the changes have been made (coded)…then you REGISTER the new battery.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0