View Single Post
      08-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
jlsm511
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper S R53

Day 6: Mercedes-Benz

After leaving the Porsche Museum, it was time to get back on the S-Bahn and head towards “NeckarPark” and the Mercedes-Benz Museum. Unlike the S-Bahn stop for the Porsche Museum which basically leaves you at the front door to the Museum, the stop for the MB Museum requires a good 10-15 minute walk to get there. Upon arriving, the first thing you see is the spinning Silver-Star on the roof and a line up of cars out front. When we went, there was a group of G-Wagon's from the various generations and in various body styles. Once inside we purchased our tickets and first went to eat at the Restaurant. The service was excellent and the food was amazing! Best pasta ever! After lunch, we went back upstairs and took the retro looking elevators up to the top level and began the Museum Tour. I must give MB credit for this, since the layout they have chosen is amazing. You basically start at the top, and work your way down. Everything is very well presented (except the low light which made the photo's hard to take) and employees were always on hand to answer questions. This barrier free idea that is popular in Europe is very interesting, since most of the cars are presented with no barrier preventing you from getting close. I'll let the photos speak for themselves, but I have a newfound appreciation for MB after this trip. After we were done, we took the S-Bahn back to the Main Station and now took the High Speed ICE back to Munich. Have to admit, these were some of the smoothest trains I've ever been on, and even though they were late to arrive, still managed to make up 20 minutes getting back to Munich.

Last edited by jlsm511; 08-28-2012 at 01:25 PM..
Appreciate 0