Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcssmu View Post
Hello all- I'm new here and posting just in the hopes that anyone has any good advice for me. I purchased a 36k mile 2014 M6 from a private seller. Car had clean Carfax record and 49 service records, so it appeared to be well taken care of its entire life. When I received the car, I took it to the local dealership and had them check it top to bottom. They recommended and charged me $3k for work, including new brakes, coolant pump replacement, and fluids.

Car seemed to run fine for six weeks and 1,000 miles. At a stop light, I put the car for the first time into "M2" (Sport Plus) mode just to try it. I did NOT floor it or even try to accelerate quickly. Car got to about 10mph then it felt like the car just disengaged- RPMs shot to redline in an instant and engine stopped. No warning. There were no fluids on the ground or evidence of what happened.

BMW dealership is still confirming but tells me they think the engine has "seized" and will need to be completely replaced. I fail to understand how a 37k mile engine, with recent service, and a long history of maintenance can just die like that. I haven't gotten the quote yet, but I'm sure an M6 engine replacement is more than I paid for it.

Needless to say, I'm sick to my stomach. Any suggestions or explanations of what happened? Really appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

Man, what terrible news. Really sorry to hear it. Hopefully you're in a good financial position to either fix it or move on. Keep us updated friend.
Appreciate 0