View Single Post
      03-24-2020, 11:45 AM   #1
NytWolf
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10, 2015 F30, 2008 E60

New 2014 M6 GC Owner with Questions

Hi all, I am a proud owner of a new-to-me 2014 M6 GC (early-2013 build) with 56k miles on the clock. The dealer from which I purchased the car gave me a 45-day warranty for the car should anything go wrong. I'm on day 3 and counting down. So far, I have the following items that I would like to run by the collective brains here for feedback:

1. During a leisurely drive, I tried stomping on the gas a couple times and the car went into limp mode. This was not a launch control run. I ran an OBDII scan and got a P0306 code (cylinder 6 misfire). I did not erase the code. The limp mode went away after shutting off the engine and restarting. Is this anything I need to worry about? From the CARFAX records, the coils were replaced at 25k miles. I tried two similar hard runs yesterday evening but couldn't get the problem to repeat.

2. When putting the transmission into reverse, there was one time where the camera cover (BMW emblem) kept flipping back and forth as if it detected getting stuck. It hasn't repeated since. Is this just a glitch in the matrix, or a problem that is most likely going to bite my booty.

3. There were times when coasting from 30mph or 40mph, I would hear a high-pitched whine similar to differential noise. The sound is less pronounced when I accelerate again; the noise goes away completely at about 5mph if I come to a stop. Is this whine something to be abnormal or something I just need to turn up the VOL knob?

4. The car tracks straight without pulling to either side, but I notice the steering wheel is off to the left 5 degrees or so. During hard accelerations, the steering wheel turns even more left to about 10 degrees. The nose feels like it's lifting. Damaged or alignment issue?

5. The car has adaptive LED headlamps. When it's on, there are noticeable shadows. Turning on the automatic headlamp assistance doesn't change things (highs stay on due to oncoming lights). When I look at the beam pattern on my garage door, the hot spots are like inverted carots (^). On the road, the beam cutoff is 45 degrees, illuminating everything to the right of the cutoff only. It seems like the lights are rotated counterclockwise. There are shadows in the illumination also. Are they supposed to be like that? It's rather disappointing compared to my previous 2016 535's adaptive xenons. UPDATE: I attached two images to try and show the beam patterns.

Thanks ahead of time!
Attached Images

Last edited by NytWolf; 03-24-2020 at 10:52 PM..
Appreciate 0