03-15-2020, 05:23 PM   #9
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCountryGuy View Post
Yes, Q I did part number searches and found no love. I had a 650i and still have an oil filter on the shelf. The S63 filter is much longer in length relative to the N63, and if I remember the filter cap for the 650 was shorter also in its height. Unless they’re specific for the S63, a cover for a N63 will be to short.

Add: I also note that Hengst advertised their cap with drain was compatible for various 8 cylinder BMW engines would work on the M. Several customer reviews spoke of size and thread pitch a no go for their M’s.
...this uncertainty is probably the reason I gave up on the idea of switching to a “drainable” oil cap....I just “glove-up” and “go-for-it”...plus I us a long handle wrench along with the oil cap removal tool...which also helps...but end up having to clean my wrench and the cap removal tool.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0