View Single Post
      01-12-2020, 08:45 AM   #38
dennisd
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 535i

It isn't about, "is the change necessary?" It is about "do I think the M8 is more appealing?" In my case, no it isn't. My M6 isn't a daily driver, it is more or less a toy for myself. My daily driver is my Jeep Rubicon Unlimited. And then I also have a Ram 3500 Longhorn for when I pull my tractor between different properties I own. I also have 2 bikes, a Harley Roadking and a Triumph Bobber (recently sold my Ducati Monster 1200S, decided I don't need that much speed on 2 wheels anymore).

Please don't take this as bragging, I'm definately not. I'm just explaining my situation. I'm now 64 years old and have limited time remaining to enjoy what life I have left so I'm going to shove in as much as possible. I started this thread to get others opinions about the changes between the M6 and the M8. I understand BMW needs to make drastic changes like this occasionally or it will be said they are getting stale. But to me the M8 isn't that drastic of a change and the changes they made aren't necessarily for the better. But that is just my opinion. Its kind of like when I traded my 2009 M535 for the 2014 M535. My opinion was, I thought they made a really nice car more numb.
Appreciate 0