View Single Post
      03-18-2024, 02:08 PM   #1
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Trunk won't open after long detailing

I've been detailing my car and leaving the doors and trunk open for hours at a time. Today I got the message that the battery was low, that anything using battery power would be shut down, and I should go for a drive. The battery was around 40%. So I started the car and noticed the trunk would not open. Not from the fob, the truck latch or the button inside. No clicks, no sound, no nothing. Battery is now over 70%, but trunk still dead. Top, windows, and all else works fine.

1. I would normally disconnect the negative battery cable to let things reset, but it's in the trunk. Does disconnecting the positive terminal under the hood accomplish the same thing or not?

2. What fuse controls the trunk latch and what number is it and where is it? I can't find a diagram in NewTIS and my paper diagram is in the trunk.

3. If 1 and 2 fail, what is the procedure to open the trunk on convertible? The seats don't fold down, and my arm is not long enough to reach through the ski bag to get to the emergency pull.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0