View Single Post
      11-06-2021, 01:26 AM   #78
Refined
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmersandmopars View Post
You're comparing apples to oranges lol...

I'd wager an e30 tuned X3MC would stomp the Z06.... just saying.

I think the whole let's make a high horsepower NA V8 is archaic thinking and frankly a marketing ploy. Sure may work for awhile, but a boosted application with 3/4s the displacement would dominate.

Ask yourself this.... don't you think if BMW truly wanted to make a supercar they could?

BMW aspires to make Super "do everything" cars.... which they've mastered.

The M8GC in itself is a complete rule breaker and flat out historic.

Rememner the last time Chevy made a factory 10sec 4 seater?..... me neither.
Pulls the "apples to oranges" card then immediately makes a theoretical comparison between a e30 TUNED x3mc and a stock z06.

Further loses credibility when pumping the m8gc. Guess what, nobody is buying your "rule breaker" at that price point. The m8 shares its engine and transmission with other BMW cars and SUV's. What's so special about that? At least the z06 is a purpose built machine without apparent compromise at its likely price point. BMW just repackages the same motors, transmissions, steering wheels, etc etc to maximize profitability and then tries to charge for features standard in a kia.

Look, I'm a BMW fan and I loved my m4, but trying to compare any BMW product to a pure sports car like the z06 is ridiculous. The z06 is looking like the deal of the century right now and we don't know what it costs. GM won't have one to sell off a showroom floor for a couple of years due to the volume of preorders. I can walk in to my local BMW dealer and get a steep discount on the m8 that has been sitting in the showroom for almost a year.

Last edited by Refined; 11-06-2021 at 05:54 AM..
Appreciate 5
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
Efthreeoh17316.50
stein_325i25083.00
WolfGTI716.00