pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Those who work on their homes - what is one thing you wouldn't ever do yourself?

Related: how hard is it to change the toilet bowl? Renovating the bathroom doesnt sound like it'd be too hard (tile, new vanity etc) but I don't know how worth it'd be if I did it myself vs paid someone to install.
I'm generally fearless when it comes to most DIY projects. I was working for my parents flipping (long before such a term existed) houses when I was 12-13 years old. Did my first tear-off and re-roof at the age of 14, on a 100-year-old 2-story house. I completely re-wired and re-plumbed a 4K sq/ft Victorian 3-story house back in the '90s. I've done a couple of 5000 sqft+ concrete flat-work pours with power trowel finishing. There's little that I haven't tackled when it comes to construction or remodelling.

But the one thing I won't f*ck with is torsional garage door springs. Those f*ckers will take an arm off in the blink of an eye. And be jubilant about having done it. There are professional garage door companies all over town, and I'll happily pay any one of them to putz with those springs whenever I need one fixed or replaced.