View Single Post
      02-14-2020, 12:29 AM   #1
pdubq
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘15 650ix GC, ‘14 X35i MSport

Advice for mostly sleeper 650ix GC?

So I’m about 6 months into ownership of my dream car... just loving it more and more but it’s time to see what I can push.

My goal is to be able to ride, sound and appear very close to stock at times, and at other times crank the exhaust a few notes and be as fast as possible doing so.

Only cosmetic plan is m6 gloss black 2 spoke kidney grills, subtle but so much nicer.

My performance plans been to start with bm3 stage 1, (and otherwise just the carbon filter delete), and then upgrade and retune from there. Bm3 is on its way!!!

I’m thinking if I eventually go stage 2, go with ar design catted dps, (tune out cold start), and Wagner fmic upgrade... tune the sport+ exhaust with some miles burbles but leave the other modes alone...

What about getting turns a bit more planted? It’s not that bad,,, but could be better. Roll bars? Springs or better shocks? I don’t want noticeable drop, or ride stiffening in comfort, but would love sport/sport+ to be back breaking stiff... can m6 suspension be retrofitted? I’d love if the suspension could be more drastically adjusted via drive mode. Seems like ACS springs are the way to go for minimal drop with some sport mode improvement and similar comfort mode performance?

What else? Engine component upgrades? Turbo upgrades? Just put m badges all over the place like all the newer Bmw Msport models, and add 15 hp each one?

Thanks for any advice!!!