View Single Post
      02-12-2020, 09:32 AM   #6
phan
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 35d, M5 SC'd, M6GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtagXMASTER View Post
don't waste your money, the real cf is just as flimsy ive noticed. just stay with the cheaper solution for your lower cf parts, it hurts less when you need to re order them when they smash into something. unless you will be protecting your real cf, say intakes, or interior parts, go with the cheap stuff. it is still CF over the FRP.

I would say that it probably all comes from 2-3 major factories in china, even the real CF is made there too. I have personally seen genuine vorsteiner diffusers have terrible fitment, and seen rep ones fit better, its all about how often the mold is recast/ cycles of mold usage.

As a side not too, the RW carbon and generally speaking the style you are looking for are almost all identical. there is no difference between the RW carbon style and the ebay rep. i have had both sitting in my garage as backups for my current lip. broke the rep version, changed styles and bought the RW on sale for cheap as a backup again.
really appreciate this response. more than anything, i've noticed the clear coat over the top "CF" cracks easily, stupidly so, and figured that would be non-existent in some of the more expensive reps (i thought they were better built). my currently lip is stil in decent condition, it's the clear that's cracking that bothers the hell out of me. that's what i'm trying to combat more than anything as i'm fairly careful despite ride height and LA roads being...LA roads.
Appreciate 0