View Single Post
      01-18-2020, 10:01 PM   #11
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtagXMASTER View Post
very strange however these cars for some reason seem to be hit or miss. probably from the 0w-30 oil bmw uses. step up to 5w-40 or 5w-50. if the engine had any history of burning oil i doubt the previous owner would divulge that information. the previous owner of my car said the car burned a little oil, but it was 1 qt every 3500 miles, which is good for these cars.

actually thinking a bit, how often was the oil changed? it should be short intervals on this car, from the heat cycling these motors go through. I understand the maintenance was on time, but what was the oil change interval?
I agree with early oil changes in these cars I say no more than 3k just like old school,I change mine every 2.5k,I use 5w40 liquidmoly Molygen ,Last summer I changed from regular LiquiMoly to the Molygen and the oil only had approx 800 miles on it to my surprise the oil was pretty beat up almost black after that short milage interval, the turbos really do a job on it, change your oil more regularly it cheap insurance
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0