04-05-2021, 06:11 PM   #5
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Do you really use the Freestyle Libre? If so, how do like it? Is it accurate? Got an RX from your doc? Ins. pays?
I couldn't wear the DexCom, mainly because of location. I resisted Dr. recommendations to get a CGM for years. But I couldn't figure out what was going on during sleep, finally got the Freestyle. It's pretty close when I do a finger prick, normally within about 10 points. For me, that's plenty good enough.

I went round and round with my insurance in November last year, I asked to get converted from 30-day supply to 90-day mail order (they flat out STOP at 14 days, to the minute) and my insurance said it was no longer on the formulary. After having my Dr. and I both write why I can't wear the Dex, they still denied it. Fine, I'm going to pay out of pocket. Went in, still the insurance price. Had the pharmacy call and confirm, yep, still covering it.

Just last week, previous prescription was up, needed to be renewed by Dr. Guess what, they STILL covered it.

Traveling, even short jaunts, is SO much easier just taking my phone to test my blood! I have to be careful when I dry off out of the shower, and sometimes in confined spaces, so that I don't brush it. But the middle/back of your upper arm is pretty comfortable!
Appreciate 1
Esteban43187.00