06-09-2020, 03:26 PM   #22
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by plm View Post
That's a good selection. Their brushes (the ones that look like shoe brushes) are worth having for the foam cleaners as you can really work at the leather to get dirt out, but they don't scratch. You can get them from Amazon or Obsessed Garage rather than having to place another international order if you didn't get one.

Don't forget to give the steering wheel a good scrub and then treatment with protector and shield too. You'll be amazed at how much better you can make it look. The shield will help protect against skin oils.

Once you get through the kit and figure out your maintenance I'd recommend ordering the big 1L bottles next time, so you can just decant them into the foam bottles and you'll be set for a long, long time.
Appreciate the advice on this!

I am definitely planning to give the steering wheel special treatment as that obviously absorbs the most oil/dirt from the hands. Wasn't sure if I should do shield on it afterwards but based on your recommendation and giving it more thought it definitely makes sense.