View Single Post
      06-01-2020, 10:31 PM   #6
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 936F06 View Post
Every where I go to any exhaust shop. I tell them to recreate the super sprint straight pipes. The x member. They tell me this is high performance and removing it and going straight pipe with lose hp. Im just dumb founded dont know who to believe.
I guess my question is why is it so?
They say for high pressure and low? Its essential?
Turbo cars dont want any pipe!! the faster you can get it out the better ,When you see a lot of turbo race cars they have the exhaust shooting out the hood or fender /front bumper.They dont need any backpressure like a NA car ,
The X pipe might be the one you want because its overall size is bigger .Its basically a straight pipe with a chamber,its like stock but larger and thats what you want

I have the Full GTC Meistershaft exhaust, there exhaust is 3-1/2 all the way through ,that center piece they call a velocity box instead of pipe , The pics I attached im looking in one of the ends you can see straight through , im not sure what that bridge piece inside does maybe extra support or to cut the drone down,
You won't gain any substantial HP as the stock exhaust flows very well for the engine ,were looking for sound at this point ,changing the downpipes will give you a nice power bump and great sound getting rid of those restrictive cats.
Attached Images

2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals

Last edited by Whipple; 06-01-2020 at 10:40 PM..
Appreciate 1
936F0631.50