View Single Post
      12-24-2022, 02:09 PM   #11
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
There is some of that but I think the thrust of government to force this issue has created an us vs them situation that need not exist. This is not unlike a number of other issues that seem to fall down political lines.

The reality is, I suspect that many of the folks that you might put into the "anti" groups don't really care if some folks want to move to EV's or any other thing, but they resent having governments force them to adopt a technology or other thing they don't agree with or that might not suit their needs.

We are at a place when we can't question government without being labelled as "anti" something. For the life of me I don't know why we can't question the experts, because I think if we all take a step back and use some common sense we could agree that we aren't ready to fully switch to EV's for a good number of reasons, there might be a point in time when EV's are really the only viable option and by then maybe the tech has been ironed out so that everyones needs can be met with them. But from where I sit at 61 years of age I don't see that happening in my lifetime.

Happy Christmas. peace on earth.
Remarkable reality : EV growth was already happening exponentially before the government decided to mandate things.

Was exponential growth not good enough that we had to get the government involved and to take away choice?

^ That might just have something to do with the "bad attitude" some have. For many, it's got nothing to do with not wanting to be green(er), nor to defiantly run on ICE till they die.
Appreciate 4
Cos270608.50
zx10guy5149.50