View Single Post
      11-20-2020, 09:41 AM   #11
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

In our office, we already WFH 2 days per week. I already had one of the bedrooms as "my office" at the house, and I have a much nicer setup here than at the office. So it wasn't THAT big of a change for me.

It can be hard to maintain focus sometimes and not just pick up the guitar to play around or jump on the PS4. I force myself to get up and away from the screens when I have lunch.

Part of what makes it difficult to focus for me, anyway, is all of our stuff is on long timelines for the most part. We do two releases per year, with sustainability stuff and little special projects inbetween. So deadlines are far out, so I sometimes have a tendency to procrastinate then cram everything in as we approach a deadline. I'm working on getting better about setting early deadlines for myself to get things done.

Overall, I'd be fine WFH permanently when this all blows over. I have plenty of co-workers I'd like to go have a beer or bourbon with, but we are all being cautious about that...........my girlfriend is immune-compromised so I'm being extra careful about doing anything.

One of big bosses has said our offices in the US won't open up again until their is a vaccine.
Appreciate 0