04-14-2021, 09:36 AM   #71
Gregrobin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTMD8 View Post
One thing I would like to add is I think this varies greatly by location/situation. (maybe this is obvious).

I live in northern Illinois and my round trip commute is 75 miles in relatively heavy traffic and not really fun to drive roads (aside from speed I guess).

The shop I work for, I would usually need to park outside so any "special" car gets dusty and sun beaten all day long just for me to battle traffic on the way home.

...not really rewarding.

So, I have no problem having a comfy daily driver and saving the "special" cars ready to go in the garage for times they can be enjoyed to the fullest.

If I lived in california or some area that my drive to work was low traffic, awesome roads and a carport or garage when I arrived, would probably have only one or two cars.
Good points. Also, at 6'3" I don't want to climb in/out of my low sitting 335i all day, every day. My knees are bad enough as is :-)

I was fortunate to have onsite garage parking at my last employer, which made driving her to work easier to do, and my commute was only 10 minutes.