e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
I don't know what to tell you . Regardless of whether he was at Mercedes or McLaren, he has had superior technology on both teams. You can quote W/L until you're blue in the face, but your GOAT or "better than X" argument fails before it starts. Sure, the statistics bolster your opinion to an extent, but nowhere near as much as you think they do.

Swap Hamilton into a Haas...does he win? No. Better yet...swap him into a Williams...does he win? No.

Swap George Russell into a Mercedes...does he win? Yep, first time out.

You cannot say Hamilton is the Goat or better than unless you can reconcile the above discrepancy. Technology is better my friend. That's Hamilton's PRIMARY reason for winning.
OMG. You're hilarious. Please explain his single season in GP2.

And in 2009 HAM won in the 6th fastest car on the grid as verified by, you know, math. In fact, he has more pole positions in the 6th fastest car in 1 year, four, than the Pretender has in his whole career.

Hilarious.
You're one of the most articulate and insightful members on here, but man you're like a dog with a bone. I'm not even talking about Verstappen anymore. I'm pretty sure you know how respectful discourse should carry out. We've both stated our opinions and reasons for those opinions.

Agree to disagree. You can't will everyone to believe what you believe. Not even with your forum signature.

If you tell me Bonds is the home run king, I'll disagree.

If you tell me the Astros from a few year back are the champions, I'll disagree.

If you tell me Marion Jones is a record holding sprinter, I'll disagree.

In my opinion HAM is a talented driver but has won the number of races that he has by virtue of being on the best teams...in an extremely unequal playing field. Would he win with other teams? Sure? Nearly as much? No way. Again an opinion with which many agree.

MKSixer is not a clairvoyant who knows the absolute truth. Calm down.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61281.00