gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-karim
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
What worries me about BMS is that its same tune for 650 or 550 or M6...Sounds like they turn up boast and thats it, not made for specific car. That said woul love to continue to hear updates from you on that tune. Who is your contact at BMS? Its a piggy back tune correct? Easy install? Any gaps in power delivery?
No man, I talked a lot to Terry lately, there is a difference between the n63 tune and s63tu tune. They are similar, but not identical. For m5/m6 engines there is a difference in PSI and something else. So if you want to buy one for your car, make sure to ask Terry to program it for S63tu, as it requires a little more boost.
terry@burgertuning.com he replies fast

PS Yes it is a piggy back, my local BMW installed it for me (apparently it was super easy), and there is a huge noticeable difference, especially with all these performance parts
It's actually the same device for both motors , the S63 TU has a different T map sensor than the N63 with a different baseline value . So you have to change the baseline value the piggyback alters or you will run more boost than you intend to . ( the piggyback changes the signal from the sensor to trick the ECU into running approx 2 psi more boost . It does nothing else . The OEM ECU makes changes in timing and fueling to prevent detonation , which after it gets used to things makes more power . This works up to a certain point . To make more than approx 630whp on street gas you need full control of timing and fueling . Terry or anyone else is a good ways from that unfortunately . You're car looks great and great choice of mods . Remember though ,individual gains from mods are not additive , and certainly you can't take other peoples best gains and add then together. With what you've done I would expect 630whp so low 700's crank hp . Still it's a beast congrats !
Appreciate 0