View Single Post
      09-15-2020, 12:17 PM   #3
rajvirrandhawaf10
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i M Sport

Hey sorry to hear about that. Hopefully everyone is safe and healthy.

I don't own an m6 yet but have done plenty of research for the past couple of years so I will try my best to explain what I know. Starting in the 2016 model year BMW introduced the LCI model and this came with a horsepower bump for the competition package to 600 hp and torque to 516 lb-ft. This model was also the one in which they introduced a bigger Idrive screen size and the software itself was updated to NBT Evo Idrive 4. For the 17 model year the power remains the same same but the software gets updated to Idrive 5.0. In 2018 power remains the same I drive gets updated to 6.0. Idrive 5 and 6 are largely the same just aesthetically a little different with 6 having larger tiles. I also believe you can upgrade to the newer Idrives from Idrive 4 with a head unit swap. I think there may be ways to get around that and just do it via software but I'm not too sure. I was told over the phone by someone at Bimmertech that if you have a 2017 model year there is no need for a head unit swap to get from Idrive 5 to 6, it can just be done via coding. They also added apple car play compatibility somewhere from 16 to 19 but this is not something I am to familiar with.

If you were wondering about the model years prior to 2016 I have some info as well. 2014 was the first year for the gran coupe, and I believe it ran nbt or possibly nbt evo software. In 2015 they made some updates such as a bigger Idrive controller and also the headlights may have been upgraded (I read somewhere that this happened it 2015 but it might have been in 2016 for the LCI refresh not sure). I believe power for the 14/15 competition package was around 570ish. Sorry don't have a solid knowledge of the pre-lci cars, other members fell free to correct.
Appreciate 0