View Single Post
      10-29-2022, 01:52 PM   #11
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Unfortunately $150k CAD doesn't go too far in Canada. Low supply in general makes it hard to find domestically. This is why a lot of Canadians buy from the US, but the exchange rate is terrible right now. You need $150k to get lower mileage 991.2 911 S and there's not a ton to choose from.
If the 991.1 GTS is out of budget then I'd look at a well spec'd 991.1 S. I just looked and your budget is like $110k USD, don't think you can get a manual V10 R8 for that anyway these days. For the Vantage the 2009+ had the updated 4.7L engine, not sure if Canadian model years are any different.

One thing I will say about the Aston that I've come to realize with my first CEL experience is that there are certain things only the dealer can diagnose as most indy shops don't have the software that the dealer has for diagnostics. Parts are expensive from the dealer, but if DIY'ing it most of the parts cross-reference a Ford part which is way cheaper, and the astonmartinbits website has parts a lot cheaper than dealers too. The 911 is probably the most reliable and easy to maintain along with great resale value.
Appreciate 2
baege1334.00