Rep
Drives: M3 E92 & M6 GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpetrakis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3talllic View Post
I concur with @byebyev8

I had an E92 M3 prior to jumping into my new M6 GC (Competition) and they are completely different animals, respectively. You can't compare, bottom line. The easiest way to put it is whether you want a track car (M3 E9X) to throw around easily around corners or if you'd like a hwy missile (M6 F13/06).
I do miss the nimbleness of the E9X chassis more often than anticipated, but M6 is no slouch and can handle its own weight

A test drive should answer most of your questions. Wish you all the best.

- Ralph
I only live about a mile or two from my primary work location, and generally will cycle in to work. I also manage a location I go to once a week that’s about 120 miles round trip. I keep telling myself I’m going to track my m3, but with two young kids under 3 time hasn’t been there. I love the nimbleness of the m3 but not sure it’s the right car for right now. I’m worried I’ll regret letting it go though as the combo is only one of ten, but the more I think about it the more the M6 makes sense.
I would highly recommend to test drive an M6 and determine, for yourself, on whether or not it's worth replacing such a beautiful spec of an E90 you have/own.
I also had a rare spec (6-Speed, single hump, stripper) and sometimes kick myself in the butt for letting it go; so, I feel your pain on that one.
BUT the interior and features in the M6 is what did it for me. I don't/can't see myself going back to an E9X chassis anytime soon, UNLESS I decide to build a "track" oriented vehicle.

Best of luck my friend,
- Ralph
Appreciate 0