04-06-2020, 03:54 PM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepacman View Post
Thank you for the info! I have a 2015 F06 but I’m not sure of the build date right now but I can get back to you on that. Is there a way I can find out which build dates have which module?

Thanks for the model year info. I believe you do have the FRM module.

If you have the BimmerCode app...you can simply open the app and let it read your modules...and you’ll see which one you have (FRM, FEM, or BDC).

If you don’t have the app yet...you can use one of the online part database sites like www.realoem.com . If you input the last 7 digits of your VIN then pull up the diagrams...go to the diagrams for VEHICLE ELECTRICAL (I think it is category 61)...scroll down to the control module diagrams and see if it has the FRM (footwell), FEM (front electronics module), or the BDC (body domain controller) listed. When you use your ‘VIN to pull up diagrams...the database becomes specific to your cars options/build/etc.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0