View Single Post
      09-16-2022, 06:18 AM   #12
16Alpina
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW Aplina B6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
You should swap motor mounts in pairs. It needs to be fixed, but it's not related to your drivetrain issue. It can cause vibrations because the engine is no longer isolated from the frame. I can't answer for sure which of your wheels ought to turn when. But turning one will not turn all four. The engine running smoothly doesn't mean anything. I would expect that. But at this point if you are convinced the car does not drive as it should and you have inspected the driveshafts, I'm not sure what option you have besides having it diagnosed at a competent shop. I'm not sure how people spitballing theories helps much at this point. It is likely something major, and it does not sound like you will fix it yourself even if one of us guesses correctly, and there is no way to know which guess is correct.
At this point, you are correct on all accounts. Prior to my last post, I was hopeful that it WAS something that I could fix on my own. But seeing that everything turns as it should up until it connects to internal parts, has led me to agree with you that a shop will need to diagnose it.
Appreciate 0