Garage List
2013 X6 M  [0.00]
2013 M6  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i Spo ...  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i  [0.00]
Addition to seat care posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCountryGuy View Post
Serviced the friction areas at the exiting side of the driver’s seat. I just took one picture on my phone of the lower area on the backrest. There were two other areas that had about the same wear. One on the backrest, but higher up than the first pic at about the level of the shoulder. The other area was at the lateral aspect of the seat. All the areas lost some pigment/color due to friction. The seat had some compression creases.
I used Colourlock products out of England. Cleaner, pigment for Sakhir Orange (B50), and clear anti friction sealer. The color was an absolute spot on match. Let sit overnight with the pigment. Put the sealant on just now, and will perhaps use the car this evening. So far very happy with the result. Hopefully will be even more happy with the sealant.
Found a pic of the seat ware, and added post treatment pics as well. I am very impressed with Colourlock pigment and leather sealant. The color match to a color like mine (B50) is exact. I have no other word for it. After coloring, and let dry for 24 hrs in warm weather, I applied the sealant. After 24 hrs. I let the sealant dry in ‘tested’ it. Went for one of my 150 mile drives with one of my books on audio. The seal was absolute. No pigment on my hands or my cheap sh#t cotton shorts I wore. Even had the seat heater on for my lower back. Seal was perfect. The feel was like nothing was on the leather at all. The ‘gleam’ of the sealant was exceptionally ‘natural’. Not to shiny or wet looking.
I am very impresses with Colourlock.
I’ve had much experience with leather seat restoration and care in a 32 year old Porsche. In that case I had to do a stripping and deep clean for I had to apply a new ‘skin’ in the high ware areas. Then I had to color it. The pigment I used was very hard to take. It looked great, but did require periodic maintenance. What it needed was the Colourlock sealant. Wish I had that then.
Very happy I have it now.
I highly recommend Colourlock for our leather.
Attached Images

2013 X6 M Sapphire Black Metallic / Black Merino \ Carbon Fiber - Son’s
Appreciate 0