View Single Post
      07-18-2018, 02:10 PM   #7
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640D GC and MX5 NC PRHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_320d View Post
This is worrying as I'm about to pick up a car with the 20" M sport + wheels tomorrow!

I had a similar issue with the 19" M Sport + wheels on my 330d. I broke two from really quite mild potholes at low speed.

Eventually replaced the entire wheel set with 18" at enormous cost and had very little sympathy from the dealer.

To be honest, I don't understand why this ISN'T a warranty issue? It's a part failure. If the wheel buckles/cracks from driving down a normal road, I'm sorry, but that just means it's not fit for purpose. I don't see why BMW get away with this, but somehow they do..
A warranty is there to deal with manufacturing defects not caused by external influences though. You have no way of proving it was not due to external influences.

Simple fact as stated any low profile tyre/wheel combination is a risk of damage because of the low profiles involved. In combination with our potholed road network ("normal road" would imply one with only minimal imperfections and maybe light potholes) it can equate ti damaged wheels and suspension.

Something that has shot through the roof this year is such damage as well. This is far from a bmw specific problem.

They may replace under goodwill but there is definitely no warranty claim cover!
Appreciate 0