View Single Post
      01-03-2021, 06:17 AM   #10
Bigjule1111
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw640gc 2015Mercedes e40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftpost View Post
I experimented with some 15 mm Ebay spacers and bolts, for the rear only, leaving the fronts stock (I too have 373's on Alpine). Paid less than $40 for the set of two and so far so good. I was a bit skeptic on spacers, and did not pull the trigger for a while, but when I saw that price, I could not resist. Often you hear of wobbling, but I have not noticed any. I was carful to clean the hubs well, and properly torque the bolts down. Still debating if I really like the look. I think with a lowered car, spacers definitely look good, but mine is not lowered.

L
hey make sure they are seated and flush to the hub.. also maybe have someone drive the car while u follow.... ..i picked up a set of 15mm from Amazon for the fronts ..those worked out great ..then i ordered another set of 10mm for the rear , different maker but also from Amazon.. those immediately didnt look flush to the hub but I really didn't feel any wobble.. until the one day my wife got pulled over by a motorist telling her that it looked like her rear tire was coming off.. .i got the car towed since I didn't want to risk moving the car and i didn't have the jack in the car .. When i got home the lugs were tight and when the tow operator dropped the car from the flatbed and drove the car on my driveway i could see the tire wobble ..then i had my wife drive the car slowly down the block i could see what the motorist were talking about ..the rear tires were wobbling ..i should of known better as they didn't look seated when I originally installed them .. i also lightly sanded all the debris off and thoroughly cleaned the hub before installing them.. clearly they were machined poorly.. so with the new 10mm spacers i got for the rears i followed my wife again to make sure I didn't get any wobble no issues at all ...these are Macht Schnell spacers though ... So just stay on top of them and maybe follow the car to make sure ..also retight them as needed.. especially the first 100 miles or so
Appreciate 0