View Single Post
      11-18-2019, 08:26 PM   #4
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake View Post
Thanks for sharing this. I am in DC and looked into some of the same options over the past few months. I eventually decided to go with a plan offered by my credit union--it is MRC (Mechanical Repair Coverage), which is marketed by many credit unions. I attach the quote I received showing coverage and deductible options for the Platinum plan (excludes maintenance and consumables but covers everything else). Tax is included. Note that these are specifically for my car, a 2016 M6GC with 16K miles, and the time and distance coverage starts when the policy is issued. (Not when the car entered service.) Opinions surely differ, but I thought the $250 deductible made sense. Good luck.
That's really interesting - I've not come across MRC before but being offered by a credit union, it'll likely be a more reputable plan with a strong backer. The two credit unions I tried (APGFCU and Skypoint) didn't sell extended warranties or only had the Route66 powertrain plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM6 View Post
Thank you for sharing the spreadsheet with detailed warranty information. You can actually buy a MOPAR warranty for an M6?

Did you make a decision?

I see so many horror stories about warranty clam issues that I'm hesitant to purchase one. Thanks.
Yeah I was just as surprised. I was visiting a detail shop and got to talking with the owner - he told me to forget all others and try and find a MOPAR warranty. You can check their official website here and in the FAQ they specifically mention:

All Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep® , Ram, FIAT® and Alfa Romeo vehicles, and most - but not all - competitive make vehicles are eligible for genuine Mopar® Vehicle Protection. You may purchase a plan for your vehicle by visiting an authorized dealer or calling 1-866-818-9929. If you are interested in Mopar Vehicle Protection for a competitive make, please visit your authorized dealer to inquire about eligibility.

I'm pretty close to a decision, just pending getting the policy wording sent through by my 2 top choices: MOPAR & The Mechanic/Assurant
Appreciate 0