View Single Post
      10-12-2017, 12:53 PM   #24
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW2015M3 View Post
I don't think people are here because they have less time on their hands so if needed the customer should do their research

That being said, the market doesn't really dictate price for high-end vehicles such as the M6 because they are not being sold to the less privileged

Based on my experience, generalizing is a crime and I am certain if he holds on to his car long enough, eventually he is going to find the right buyer who will appreciate the car and negotiate a price with him to purchase it ...

bottom line, for you....dont generalize ....

While I agree cars like the M6 is not a fungible commodity, ultimately $70k for a 2014 with 40k miles is going to be well out of the average pricing range.

Case in point, list price for <20k mile 2014 GCs are now at $70k. 2015s with average miles are listing below $70k.

Also, BMW of Brooklyn has a '14 GC with CP 45k miles at $58k list. This car INCLUDES CPO too. I've been tracking this car for 2 months. The list price started at $62k. When I called 2 weeks ago, the salesman proactively offered it to me at $1k below the then current list. No sales person has ever offered that to me before without me asking for pricing concessions.

Another example: Back in August, I almost paid $63k (including fees) for a 2014 GC with CCB and CP and 40k miles. Sticker was similar to OP's at $140ish. No lie here, had the docs drawn, appointments made for PPI and everything. At that time, I elected to walk, b/c I only valued that car at no more than $60k. Car was in SF bay area too.

Lastly, OP will eventually find out that likely the mods turn a lot of buyers off. Either no one values the mods or actually see it as a detriment to the value of the car.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 10-12-2017 at 01:10 PM..
Appreciate 0