04-17-2019, 09:45 PM   #32
M6DYS
SPEED DEMON
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetZF82 View Post
I like the idea of the thread. I currently have the jb4 from Burger tuning.

The pros of the piggy back is the ability to switch maps on a fly. I can run stock map, map1 which is about 19-20psi and map 2 around 21-22psi. I personally love I can have more power than stock but not have to run 1 set psi at all times. I can use map 2 only for racing. Map 1 for daily driving. You can datalog and read codes. You can clear codes. No Cel with downpipes installed. I had the jb4 for 3 years on my m4 from 200 miles on the car to 22k with no issues. On the M6 I have the jb4 for about 3k miles so far.

The cons for me is that the limiter stays the same. I can't pass NY inspection without a flash tune. Install is a few hours and a bit of a pain in the a$$.
Thanks for your feedback. To be honest with I had no idea that jb4 didn’t allow you to raise the rev limiter. Plus, I thought that they had a valet mode add on that allows users to switch their vehicles back to stock for emissions testing and for dealership visits. I like the fact that you can switch stages on the fly.

You have far more hands on experience with the jb4 tuner, than many others. Your 3 plus years of experience with that tuner allows you to validate the tuner without prejudice. Thanks for your input. Btw, if money weren’t a problem, what tuner besides jb4 would you have gotten?
Appreciate 0