First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 G30 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
I maybe the only one but i like the insides of my wheels to look clean and its hard to get full access when they are on the car. Is it an issue to keep taking wheels off to clean them - im thinking if it affects the balancing etc?
I wouldn’t worry about removing them for normal maintenance clean, but every now and then a good idea to keep them properly clean.

For maintenance clean, get a woollywormit, great for cleaning wide rims from inside. Doesn’t fit between the rim and the brake calliper on 20” wheels, but after cleaning the wheels, move the car by half a wheel length (1 meter or so), then clean the part that was inaccessible.

Also, apply a couple of coatings of wax on the rim surface, makes cleaning a lot easier. I use either Autoglym paste wax, or the same Collonite as on the paint. Feels the brake dust doesn’t stick to them as easily as unwaxed, so they look clean a little bit longer, too...

Also, your curb rash certainly wouldn’t justify replacing the whole rim if what’s in the pictures is the only damage. In the worst case, you may need to send the rim to be diamond cut polished, but tha should be in the range of £150-200 at the worst.
Appreciate 1
Havy303.00