View Single Post
      01-30-2019, 07:43 PM   #1
Ryan32
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 GC

2016 Build - Also my wallet hates me.

So my local dealership ended up getting a 2016 M6 in a couple months ago. The interesting thing is, it had 1,500 miles on it. BMW Corporate owned the car in NJ, and only used it to shuttle some execs to and from the airport a few times apparently.

That being said, they did a crap job of taking care of the Ruby Black Metallic paint. It had crazy swirl marks through it, like some assistant just ran it through a touch car wash and drug dirty rags across it... So, i bought the damn thing, and that's where my bank account began to suffer.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Ruby Black Metallic, it's an Individual color, really beautiful paint i've rarely seen on the road. So....

Paint Correction and Coating

I went with a full 2 stage paint correction, along with a Feynlab Heal Plus coating. Couldn't be happier with the results. As soon as the weather is a little better i'll get some better photos, but here is a before/after.

Before:

You can really see the swirl marks there, and now they are completely gone. Looking good right after the coat:

Misc Parts

I also decided the chrome kidney grills wouldn't suffice, so I swapped them for a factory black set.

That meant the side markers needed swapped as well. So I ordered Black Chrome Side Markers from IND.

Can't say enough about how nice the IND stuff is done. These looked great, and give just a hair of a two tone look against the factory Ruby Black Metallic. I'll swap in some close-ups of these in the next day or so.

I also swapped out the Rear M6 badge with a Black Chrome one from IND, and picked up the Carbon shifter to replace the factory silver one inside the car.

That was a good start at least... But then came the performance stuff.
Appreciate 0