View Single Post
      02-28-2020, 02:07 PM   #9
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
I used to do oil catch cans back in the 2000's. So over 10 years ago. Boy time flies! I never really noticed a difference. But then again, I had not kept the cars for a super long time. I wonder if this really make a difference long-term if you are using fuel additives and cleaners such as Seafoam. That's kind of why I stopped using them.
If you go to the M5 forums I seen some pics of the oil residue splashed into the turbo housings ,so that means oil is getting into the intercoolers coating the whole intake system, if your running a tune and your in high boost and some oil gets pulled into the intake and mixes with the fuel it lowers your octane,
There is a check valve in the factory PCV valves if that fails it might not be good ,so all in all the catch are really not needed but a great fail safe and keep your intakes clean
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0