View Single Post
      01-23-2019, 04:35 PM   #23
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupé & M240i Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM6GC View Post
The beauty of the new AWD M5 is that with a touch of a button you can disengage the AWD system and go back to your RWD roots. If the M8 comes with this feature, now you're talking about breaking performance molds of our time. RWD or AWD with a touch of a button on a 700hp car with a tune only is going to be insane
I praised the new M5 previously but the point in the post is another. Yes (AWD on an M car) is a nice feature for those who can afford the M5...
Plenty of people still love their M cars "spinning" (including the M6 of course) exactly because they spin, because they are fun to drive without AWD and that is how M GmbH cars always were, and still are (M5 being the only exception thus far).

As for performance a slightly tuned M5 competition (and non-comp) already breaks it big time. Curious as well to see how far the M8 will bring it.
Time will tell if all future M cars will have AWD. Chances are that they will. I am not sure whether this is something the majority of the (M) community would welcome but it will be interesting to live if it happens.
Appreciate 0