View Single Post
      06-08-2019, 08:20 AM   #3
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by E55 Bulldog View Post
Okay, I recently picked up a 2014 M6 Gran Coupe with the Competition package. I told myself I was going to leave it alone but... well... its me.... and I can't leave anything alone.

So... my buddy had an M5 that sounded really good. He had tune, MSR Intake, catless DPs and eisenmann race exhaust. He was also pushing around 700hp

Im not looking for a ton of power, Im looking for more sound. MSR intake sound was amazing with the DPs. This was a few years ago and I see a lot of options out there.

Is MSR worth the money or is there comparable versions that will do the same for less money. BMS is similar style for less but I don't know much about them.

Similar question about catless DPs.... I see DPs for $300 all the way up to $2000. I can't imagine there is a huge difference between them all since fitment is pretty specific. Is there a good set for a reasonable price out there.

With DPs I would need a tune also right? to remove the O2 fault code right?

As for exhaust... if I do change out the exhaust, who has the best exotic sounding set up. I don't want an obnoxiously loud and raspy sound.... hell.... maybe I do. haha.

Well.... then you all for any info you can provide. Im looking forward to getting back into BMW life and contributing to the forum.

I have XS-Power Catless downpipes and a FI exhaust and love the constant turbo whistle I get. I do not have intakes and I don't think I will notice them anyways though because all I can hear is turbo whistle from my exhaust. I wrote a review with some sound clips if you are interested in it on these forums as well.
Appreciate 0