04-14-2019, 11:56 PM   #25
M6DYS
SPEED DEMON
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffxxx View Post
I just put the 91 octane stage 1 tune on. I've only driven the car once to test it afterwards. So my opinion isn't worth much. But it drives perfectly fine and made a significant difference in power. Not sure where daily driving issues would be coming from as it drives just like stock. The install was easy as well. I did a lot of reading about the bootmod3 across multiple forums for different vehicles and not sure if I recall many negatives about it. If you have a link to some that would be appreciated.

I have fabworx catless headers coming and I will map it to their stage 2 tune after install and run data logs to see how it looks.
There are several discussions on here regarding issues with the tune. Here’s a link for one of them. I don’t want to point fingers at any tuner. It would not be appropriate for me to talk bad about anything that I’ve not used myself. That’s why I am asking for you all to provide your feedback from your own firsthand experiences and knowledge. As for the daily driver issues that I have read about the tuner. The general consensus is that the bootmod3 runs at higher RPMs across the board. So, the cars run in launch mode type performance all the time. That’s like driving a NASCAR as your daily driver.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1501284

Last edited by M6DYS; 04-15-2019 at 12:02 AM..
Appreciate 0