View Single Post
      08-04-2021, 09:06 AM   #2961
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I dont have Hulu. Was thinking of signing up, binge watching Manifest season 3, then jumping before they charge me.

is there other original content on Hulu worth the price of admission? Havent heard of Letterkenny. Will have to Google that one.
I don't really watch much TV. It's taken me a month to get through season 1 of Manifest; but there is a ton of good content on Hulu. Letterkenny is hilarious and yet is just a great show all around. Other notable content on Hulu is Archer, Dave, Rick and Morty (although I don't watch it much) and other's that I can't think of at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
It WAS. Apparently no one noticed it while on NBC so they cancelled it. Netflix picked up the first 2 seasons and BAM! instant hit. Just goes to show you how insignificant the big 3 are these days.

We cancelled our DirectTV and have been happily watching nothing but Netflix for the past 18 months. That's it. No cable, no dish, not even local TV. Just Netflix. Our watch list is a solid 2 years worth of content.
I didn't do any digging on Manifest, the description is what interested me, but this makes sense now. The terrible acting, the sideways rabbit holes that could have been omitted completely and how the show is set up for commercial breaks. I kept telling my former TV partner that it seemed like a series set up for network TV, that didn't get picked up.

I'm considering doing the same with my cable package. I'm never home to watch TV, but when I am, networks all play the same re-run garbage over and over. I tend to go to sleep playing Cold Case Files or Forensic Files, something about murder and the voices of the narrators puts me right to sleep, another plus for Hulu here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Do you have Amazon Prime?

BTW, Letterkenny on Hulu is funny as hell but it's honestly a bit hard to comprehend sometimes due to the fast pace of their conversation and slang they use (Canadian based program). I joked about this in the past but I actually turn on the closed captioning when I watch that show just to make sure I understand what the hell they're saying. Lol.
I turned a buddy of mine onto Letterkenny a few weeks ago. He came by last week and told me everyone in his house is now watching Letterkenny. He also mentioned that his wife enables subtitles for Letterkenny. Funny and genius at the same time.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12803.00