TAZ007
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPOWER5266 View Post
I have pretty much been working the last 20 days straight, between normal work and having to go to an airshow. Saturday, my wife let me have some much needed alone time so I took the e9 to cars and coffee. After putting some miles on it, I am confident in the fuel system and that the tank is leak free so I filled it for the first time.

Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr

I also stopped a local coffee shop to grab a cup. I put the new Patina Handle cup holder to the test. It worked great and I will likely get one for the 02.

Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr

On the drive back I noticed a clicking noise in the right front. I planned on doing an oil change on my daily Sunday morning, so it was already at my dads shop. I drove the e9 over in the morning and the noise got worse. After changing the oil on my wagon we put the e9 up on the lift and found a loose wheel. I torqued the wheel back down and gave it a shake, and found a bad wheel bearing. So the e9 is down now for wheel bearings and a brake system fluid flush and change. I dont know of the bearing caused the wheel to loosen or if it was from painting the wheel and leaving some paint on the mounting area. I am going to pull all the wheels anyway for new tires so I will sand the mounting surface down as well.
It is a labor of love afterall.
Appreciate 0