View Single Post
      06-07-2021, 08:22 AM   #250
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

Small updates, but after putting some miles on the car(about 100-200 or so) we found some things to address. Most importantly, cars and coffee runs were difficult without a cup holder so we ordered a cup holder from Patina handle...

Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr

Ok, maybe not the most important thing. The last time I drove the car, I made an effort to get it up to interstate speeds(70-80) and it felt fine but the temp was a touch high. We did some investigating and notice the fan clutch was weak, and decided to just overhaul the whole cooling system.

Since we had access to the condenser, it seemed like a good time to replace it.

Well, we mostly had access..

With everything removed from the front of the engine, the oil leak issue was pretty obvious...

So the cover was removed and the brittle old seal was replaced.

As of now, we are just waiting on parts. All new coolant hoses, belts, Ac condenser, parts for ac lines(we arent getting it going at this time but just to a point where it wont have to be torn down again when we do), water pump, timing chain tensioner, etc etc. I am sure I am forgetting some parts. While is down we figure it would be a good time for a valve adjustment.

We will also give the engine a good steam cleaning but we should have a leak free(by bmw standards) properly cooled engine when it is all said and done.

On a more fun note, the floor mats came in over the weekend. I am very impressed with the fit and finish of these Cocomats, I will probably order some for my other cars.

Appreciate 3
wdb4718.00
wrickem2101.00