07-30-2020, 12:59 PM   #16
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Go to any local commercial/government/school/hospital in your area, find a fire extinguisher, and look at the service tag strapped to the grenade pin. See who does their local service, and go buy all new *refillable* from them...with the same tags. They are inspected and re-tagged every August where I work, and I believe that they are removed every third year for a recharge at their shop.

When I had the local SCCA equipment trailer and ran the program, I brought all of our corner station extinguishers in to the shop that does our work ones for a complete inspection and refills every March. I'd rather spend the money on professional certification of safety equipment than have to explain why it didn't work on an accident report form after an incident!

Oh, and if anyone reading this does not have a refillable fire extinguisher in their car, please do me a favor and pick one up tomorrow for every car you own. You may also want to see if one of these works on your cars:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015G3QXMY

You can thank me later, when you put your car-be-cue out before the marshmallows even have a chance to melt.....
I'll have to check the extinguishers here at the university. If they're not behind breakable glass.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615333.00