View Single Post
      05-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #47
norsairius
Foodie and Gearhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
My first time driving a BMW was a friend's 2005 (I think) Z4 2.5i. I never spent too much time with it nor did I ever push it that hard, but the smoothness was definitely noticeable. This was back when the car was pretty much brand new.

My first BMW that I can call mine is my current car (pictured in my signature), a 2009 BMW 328i xDrive. This car has me so sold on the refined driving experience that a BMW can provide, but as many others have said, the F30 lacks in a few key areas that actually has me concerned going forward as far as the overall driving experiences goes. The steering feel, the NA inline 6, the balance, all excellent. I'll be upset to see that NA inline 6 go years later.

I'm not sure if I can see myself driving anything else besides a BMW ever again. Here's hoping some of the common gripes about the F30 are "fixed" in future iterations, or else I might consider something else (otherwise future cars would be BMWs by default). It'd be a real shame to be sold on the brand and then leave after having had the opportunity to own just one car from BMW.