04-12-2020, 01:28 PM   #824
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
As a licensed and certified pro of almost 20 years I've never seen a lawn that needs dethatching. (This is on Fescue/Rye) Get plenty of calls from homeowners thinking they do but when the lawn is checked it's fine. You can have up to 1/2inch of thatch before it's an issue. It actually helps the lawn below that level. With out it you'll break the crowns off just by walking over it, it plays an important role. That said for southern turf types I have no clue. Also if you aerate every year that also gets rid of thatch.

Don't trust everything you see on YouTube, most of the guys are just glorified home owners. Once you take care of thousands of properties and go to school for it you know what's right and wrong.

You guys put an amazing amount of effort into your properties, I would be honored to have you all as my neighbor! Keep it up
if you can provide more reason and proof why a lawn should not be dethatched than i just can't believe this. anyways, i don't think you need a degree, or go to school or be in the business to understand why and why you shouldn't dethatch your lawn. anyways, have a nice day
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0